2009 Kia Optima – Battery Dead

I have a 2009 Kia Optima and the battery keeps dying if I don’t drive it for a week or two. I keep towing this car into the dealer and they charge the battery and say everything test OK. I have had it into the shop 3 times over the last 6 months. Kia is refusing to replace the battery stating that once charged everything test OK. They said that I should start the car and let it run every few days. That’s easy for someone that doesn’t travel weeks at a time. I can replace the battery on my own, but that’s not the point. I shouldn’t have to replace a battery after 2 years.

The good news is that I have 5 years of Kia roadside assistance, so they will come out every time I need a jump and Kia will pay for it. I bet I can far out-way a cost of new battery with the roadside assistance charges that Kia will be paying for. Thanks for nothing Kia!

Tags: kia complaints department, kia complaint department, kia complaint line, kia customer complaint department, 2009 kia optima battery problems, kia complaint center

One thought on “2009 Kia Optima – Battery Dead

• Beverly Astorga

I have a 2008 with 2 years left to pay this nightmare vehicle off. The customer service is ZERO at the Grand Junction Dealership. As for the 10 year 100,000 mile warranty I have yet to have one thing covered under warranty . Battery, my vehicle starts but it fails to go into gear problem a battery 102.00 plus pads plus installation fee 165.00 before they can run diagnostics to see if the problem might be covered under warranty shame on you people Never ever ever ever buy a KIA.