Bad Meat – Ground Beef from Walmart

Bad Meat – Ground Beef from Walmart 60.00% satisfaction rating from 1 complaint

We are currently looking for a lawyer to get justice in handling our Wal-Mart claim. Here’s our story. On Saturday May 28, 2011 We bought ground beef from Wal-Mart. The meat package date has use or freeze by May 30, 2011. On Sunday May 29, we cooked the ground beef. On Monday May 30, my family member was sick all day with fever, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. He went to the doctor the next day because his symptoms had worsened. The doctor diagnosed and treated him with three different types of antibiotics for food poisoning. June 1, 2011 I took the remaining ground beef along with my receipt and told a manager what happened.

The manager Stephanie, filed a claim and took a sample of the ground beef. She stated to me the meat would be sent out to a lab. Later on that day, the manager called me to get more information. She told me we should hear back from them in a week or so. We still have the phone logs to prove all calls received and all calls made. Over a week had gone by before anyone called with concern. June 13, an employee Erin, called to see how we were doing. I asked her a few questions about the claim. She stated that she saw a file sitting out and decided to call us to find out what was going on and if we were doing better. She said she did not know much about the claim and gave me a number to contact CMI. C

MI is the company that handles Wal-Mart claims. I called CMI and left a message. I called CMI several times on June 16, and left a message with Cricket Daniels, still no call back. From June 17 to June 21, I tried again and was ignored with no response. I talked to a few managers from Wal-Mart and they basically kept giving me the run-around and told me, the manager who helped us with the claim was out on family leave. Finally, on July 12, I talked to a Bart Gills from Tyson Foods. He told me he sent out some forms for family member to fill out and send back. Family member filled out, copied, and sent forms back on July 31. On August 1, I talked to Erin the employee again. She stated that a manager asked her to give a call back to see what she could help with.

I told her that we had not heard anything from CMI. Erin gave an address she found online and asked me to contact them by mail, she also stated she left a message with Cricket Daniels. We never heard back from Erin but I made several attempts to get answers from Wal-Mart managers and CMI. No one showed any true concern. Finally, I called and spoke to a Joan from CMI and told her what was going on. Joan stated to me that she left a message/email with Cricket Daniels. She claimed that Cricket was out for the day. Joan asked me questions regarding the claim.

She told me she would contact Bart Gills to find out what was going on. About 5 minutes later Joan called me back and said that Bart Gills was out of the office but she left him a message asking him all the questions she wanted to ask concerning the claim. Joan also asked him in her message to contact Cricket Daniels on Monday morning, August 8, 2011. Monday morning came, we never heard from anyone. August 11, I called Bart Gills. Bart told me he never received the ground beef sample and suggested we contact Wal-Mart to find out what happened. That same day I called Wal-Mart and talked to a Manager named Melissa. This is the manager that took over for Stephanie while she was on family leave. She said Stephanie would be back on August 14.

While over the phone, Melissa looked in our file and saw no documentation that the meat sample was ever sent out. We no longer wanted to speak to Bart Gills. We did not purchase the ground beef from Bart, we purchased the meat from Wal-Mart. We feel that Wal-Mart showed negligence when they took a sample of our meat and never sent it out to a lab. We have been lied to and treated with no respect, sincerity or true concern. We have been Wal-Mart customers for over 20 years and never thought we would ever be treated in this manner. We want justice and we want to be treated like the loyal customers we are.

We have proof of medical records, receipts, copy of claim, claim number, copy of statement of damage form, photo copies of dates on meat package, phone logs, and written documentation of all calls made and received.

Tags: walmart meat complaints, bad meat at wall mart, walmarts meat is bad, walmart meat department is terrible, walmart ground beef, WALMART BAD MEAT

2 thoughts on “Bad Meat – Ground Beef from Walmart

• Paul

There are lots of attorneys who takes these kinds of cases, you shouldn’t have trouble fining one in the yellow pages!

• Ernie

I was under the impression even after lot of advancement in medical science there is no
    solution for such problems. The nature of these equipments might vary from a very straightforward
    hand tool to complicated personal computer operated machinery.
    However, only few shops provide full-service automobile repair
    facilities for you.