Intelius People Search Monthly Service Fees

I authorized a one-time charge of $19.95 for a directory listing on Intelius people search for one person. I was on their website page for only 47-seconds. I later discovered that they were charging me this amount monthly. I had never again returned to their people search website after that single initial use. Intelius claimed I had checked “Yes” to a monthly charge, which I would never have done, and refused to refund any of the monthly charges. I finally had to call American Express to put a block on their monthly charges but was unable to recover the additional months of charges. Intelius people search services refused to provide me with any evidence that I had actually checked “Yes” and/or not canceled. Do not do business with this company!

Tags: intelius people search, intelius people search review, intelius reviews bbb, intelius monthly charge, intelius monthly fee, intellius com monthly fees

3 thoughts on “Intelius People Search Monthly Service Fees

• Intelius Customer Service

It sounds like you have accepted the People Search offer that is advertised on the Intelius website. If you no longer wish to be enrolled in the People Search membership, please call 888-445-2727 Monday to Friday from 5am to 8pm and Saturday from 6am to 4:30pm. We will be more than happy to assist you.

• bernadette caunsag

I thank you very much for your help in search of my husband we’ve been separated for 29 years no communication at all. I can highly recommend your company. God bless u all.

• intelius

Dear Unwitting Consumers and Intellius Customer Support, (The “People Search” scam artists), Organizations like yours are why we need the Consumer Protection Bureau to protect US citizens from sneaky, hidden, virtually undetectable, teeny print used to deceive consumers to rope them in to monthly charges for an entirely unrelated service. Consumers are surprised to later be hit with monthly charges for your worthless service when they examine their monthly statements. As is all too often with rip-off artists such as your company, it is again virtually impossible to find the “cancel membership” section on your web site. Interesting that there is no confirmation number for cancellations to provide to your credit card company, nor is their an email sent to confirm the cancellation of the account. I assume that these scam artists don’t want angry consumers to have evidence or proof of the cancellation in order to make certain that bogus charges are stopped?? Gee, wonder why this might be so? Your company lures unsuspecting consumers with false advertising like a one-time 99 cent offer to get an address . . . Isn’t this commonly referred to as “bait and switch”? This is always the case with underhanded (should be illegal), tactics to fool consumers and rope them in to a recurring monthly charges for an entirely different service they have no clue about. Shame on your company, and shame on you personally, for lowering yourself to help them do these things to unwitting consumers. This company hopes consumers do not review their monthly statements, then make it impossible to re-coop the charges already made. BEWARE PEOPLE!!! UNBRIDLED DECEIT AND GREED AT WORK! I intend to post this in every conceivable location on the web to warn consumers. I only hope it helps to bring attention before your company has the next chance to rip people off. Fight back people!!!