Dish Network Cable Satellite TV

Dish Network, On 09/08/2011 at 2:00 a.m., I got in the Internet to check on some Cable and satellite TV deals. Well, I noticed that Dish Network was offering some astonishing deals. So, thinking that the Dish Network’s customer service might’ve improved in the last five years, I decided to order the service. I called the company and began talking to a sales representative lady from India. I explained to her my concern and the reason why; I cancelled the service five years ago. Well, this lady assured me that customer service had improved over the last five years and that I had nothing to worry about.

After a few minutes on the phone and a few questions answer, I agreed to the service. This lady told me that the installer would have all the equipment I ordered including the “Sling Adapter.” She convinced me to purchase the service by guarantying that the installation would be no problem and that the installer would install the Sling Adapter and take half an hour to explain to me how it works. After the agreement she took my information and right away pre-charged me $177.16 from my debit card.

At approximately 12:30 p.m., the installers finally showed up to my house to do the installation (half an hour “LATE”). Upon there arrival, I asked to verify that they had all the equipment. Guess what! They didn’t… They did not have the Sling Adapter that I had already paid $99.00 for. At that time I called the company to speak with a supervisor about this problem. A Gloria lady (supervisor) was contacted and I began to explain my frustration and the reason why I was upset.

I explained to her what the sales representative had guaranteed me during the sale. This Gloria supervisor was very unprofessional and instead offering me an explanation and a resolution, she gave me an ultimatum by stating “there is nothing I can do, you either want it or not.” At that time I asked to speak with her supervisor and she told me that she was it and that there was no one else, but the resolution department, and that I could only contact them through e-mail. When I persisted by telling here that there had to be someone else I could talk to, she hung up on me!!!

I then called back and began my whole explanations to another customer service representative. He directed me to a different supervisor. The new supervisor listened to my complaint and frustration and stated that she could connect me with the Resolution Department. While she was directing me to the resolution department, the installer entered my house and told me that he did not have all the necessary equipment to complete the installation.

At that time I told the installer to pick up all his equipment and to cancel the installation. I then made contact with Resolution Department Specialist by the name of Lucke. I explained to Lucke the whole situation. To give credit where credit is due, he did try and help me as much as he could, but in the end, I told him that I could not trust Dish Network any more because if a new installation in being done in this fashion, I can only imagine once the contract is signed.

In conclusion:

I made the mistake in thinking that your company had gotten better. Unfortunately I have noticed that it has not. I can tell you that I have started my complaint with the BBB and I have imputed some negative remarks in the Internet about your company. I can also assure you that I will continue imputing negative remarks about your company in as many Internet reviews as I can. I will impute them in Facebook and in every site that will listen to what I have to say. The sad thing is, that I could’ve been a great customer.

I have a great career; impeccable credit and all my bills are direct pay through my bank. I am not a low life that wanted anything free. All I wanted was what I paid for. Unfortunately, only one of us could keep his end of the bargain. This letter will probably not make a difference with you as you read it, but I guaranty you that it will with my friends and my friend’s friends. (Chain Reaction)…

Tags: care@dish com

2 thoughts on “Dish Network Cable Satellite TV

• Daniel Busa

Hello! This is Dan Busa with DISH Network. I would like to apologize for the trouble that you had setting up your services with us. I assure you that we do work hard to foster a positive experience for all of our customers. I understand that it can be infuriating to receive poor service, and would like to look into this for you. Please contact me via e-mail at: Daniel.Busa@DISHNetwork.com

• R. Padilla

I have been a DISH network customer for more than 5 years. Last week, I moved to another apartment. I called up DISH to re-install my service in the new apartment. On the day of installation, the tech said he could not install because of how the apartment was constructed (it had vinyl walls) and they could not drill. So I asked him, what can we do…His RESPONSE…. cancel the service. THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I HAD HEARD A COMPANY REPRESENTATIVE TELL ME TO CANCEL THEIR SERVICE—its as if they did not want my business. Frustrated and dissapointed with DISH, I cancelled the servcie and switched to DirectTV (they installed the receivers and everything quite fast and I’m enjoying much more shows vs DISH). A lady called up four days ago to tell me that they’re sending a return box for the equipment. When the box arrived, I got the impression that I had stolen goods because the box had these big words on it :”THE EQUIPMENT IN YOUR HOUSE IS THE PROPERTY OF DISH AND MUST BE RETURNED!” You’d think that after 5 years DISH and I had a “relationship”, I really felt like I was being accused of stealing “their” property. Recently I received an e-mail stating that they have received the equipment and will be checking if the equipment had any damages and that I will be held liable for any damages they find on the equipment. Hell! I had that equipment for 5 years and nothing happened to it. NOW they’re saying it could be damaged. Well, that’s customer service for you…… If the equipment arrived damaged, they should run after UPS .. I could have turned it over to the technician but he might sell it off the street I’m afraid… DISH …. you will be the subject of my anger for a looooooonnnng time. I will blog, facebook, yelp etc about how you treat customers. I am FinISHed with DISH!