Sears Warranty Department not Consumer Friendly

I purchased an appliance (oven) from Sears, which was not in stock. So delivery was delayed. After recently reporting a problem, the Sears warranty department calculated the warranty date as of the purchase date even though the delivery date was 6 weeks later. After explaining this to the Sears people, they refused to honor the warranty and a supervisor did not call me back. I was put on supervisor hold for many minutes (more than 15 and then hung up.) The Kenmore appliances generally get good reviews, but their warranty people are really discourteous and not accommodating. If warranty service is part of your purchase decision, be advised that Sears is not consumer friendly. Lou W.

Tags: sears warranty dept, sears warranty center, Sears Extended Warranty Department

3 thoughts on “Sears Warranty Department not Consumer Friendly

• Sears Cares

To Lou W, I am very sorry to hear about the difficulties you’ve had in getting assistance with the warranty on your oven. Sears does calculate your manufacturer’s warranty from the date your item was delivered and I apologize that you were told otherwise. We would very much like to speak with you regarding what happened and to verify that your warranty has been properly recorded. My name is Laura with the Sears Cares Escalations team and we are a single point of contact for escalated concerns. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so that we might assist you in a timely manner. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the oven was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Lou W) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon. Thank you, Laura D. Social Media Moderator, Sears Social Media Support.

• J M

I to have a wash machine that is just a couple of weeks past its one year warranty. $500 to fix it. Sears offered me $65 off the parts. Ha Ha! I have spoke with 5 people in the customer service department, what a joke. They really care. I wonder how long they practiced the lines they use. Guess what we are real customers with feelings it would be nice to speak with someone who is not reading from a written script on what to say. Thank you for your call, Sears appreciates your business. This is not what an upset customer wants to hear when they haven’t been taken care of! They offered me 10% off a new machine and a $65 credit. Why not just stand behind your product. What makes you think I would buy another from you only to have to worry about getting service from someone who cares. No thank you. Maybe if you took care of your customers instead of making us mad you wouldn’t be closing stores!! I am so upset about this i really don’t care what Sears does. They have lost me and everyone I will tell about the way they take care of their customers. The way I see it I cost you alot more then it will cost me to replace my machine.

• Alejandra o. Rivera

To Whom It May Concern: on march,2012 my refrigerator stop working and freezer stop cooling. tech. came four times and one of the tech. called the lost food department, i spoke to him and he asked me how much food i lost, and i told him about $80.00 of meat, so they said with in 21 days i will receive a refund, if i dont receive it to call back. i had called on April the 2,2012, and the lady i spoke to said it was sent April 5, 2012. she said to call back with in 5 days,so i did and now they are saying that the paper work who ever did it was wrong. she said to hold on and she was going to process the paper work, and i waited, we got disconnected, i called again and some one else answered and she said she was going to process the paper work to hold on 5min. so she got on the phone and tells me that some one else by the name stefenie was doing the paper work and left it pending, so i told her how long its going to take for me to get my check, she said 8-10 days. i feel that they were giving me a round around. i am a loyal customer to sears, and i should not be treated this way.