KIA motors finance department Financial Incompetence

KIA motors finance department Financial Incompetence 80.00% satisfaction rating from 2 complaints

This companys finance department has not got a clue how to organize finance. The right hand does not know what the left hand is doing. I decided to pay off the balance for my vehicle and contacted KIA finance department to get a final figure. They worked it out and I paid the required amount by card and I asked for conformation that I had now paid in full for the vehicle.

The conformation arrived next day saying that they had no further interest in the vehicle. Two days later I received two letters both from the finance department, both different, which stated that there was a shortfall in the amount that I had paid, one stated that I was some £112 pounds short and the other stated that I had not paid anything off the final payment. So what was going on in the same department and I said at first, the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing.

I decided to conact Consumer Direct, which is part of the Trading Standards Office. They advised me not to pay anything more as I had the letter stating that the company had no further interest in the vehicle, but I was to phone the company and point out their error and see what they said.

So I phoned the finance department, which by the way costs 10p a minute as it’s an 0871 number. They don’t hurry themselves and my phone bill is mounting up, they don’t care it’s not costing them anything.
To say the least, I had a good rant at them and the unfortunate lady on the other end is getting a right ear bending. She says she will look into this cmplaint right away and within a few minutes she is back on the phone and says that I am right and that there is nothing more to pay for this vehicle.

I once again ask for conformation in writing and sure enough two days later I get an identical letter to the first one that I had received, saying the they had no further interest in the vehicle. I have informed the Consumer Direct what I have received and we are now waiting to see what happens next. I have been advised that if they come back again for further payment, I should take out a summons agianst KIA for harassment.

I have never known such an incompetent company before and I am now wondering if the same sort of problems exist in all other sections of this company and I am now worried that I may have made a terrible mistake in buying a KIA car.

Tags: Kia Finance Rip Off