Best Buy Complaints Continued... (Page 6)

507+ reviews added so far. Upset? Call Best Buy corporate: 1-888-237-8289

I attempted to exchange a digital Samsung camera purchased at best buy about 3 weeks ago with its original packaging and my sales receipt. However, I was told buy the best buy “Geek Squad” representative that “your stuck with this model… we have a 14 return policy… sorry”. I was not aware of this ridiculously brief policy, the original Best buy sales staff and “Geek Squad” was eager to sell a camera and other items, but never informed me that I only had 14 day to try the camera and return it if unsatisfied. I simply would like to exchange this very difficult to use model for a more user friendly camera. How hard is that best buy?

My brother purchased me a 50 dollar gift card from Best Buy for my birthday which I intended on using. The card has no expiry date. I waited for Christmas to roll around for a discount and upon trying to purchase an item online my card number would not work. I called best buy advising them of the problems and they told me it was my fault and that I must have entered the digits wrong, I should wait 24 hours as the card was now locked and retry the next day. I advised them I did not enter the numbers incorrect but would wait and try again.

The next day same problems occurred so I called best buy back. New employee tells me to purchase the item I wanted and she would apply the 50 dollar balance afterward once the transaction showed on her end. So I give her my credit card number and we purchase a 100 dollar blue ray player. I receive a notification billing me for 100 dollars. I call back and they tell me they can’t apply the balance after the purchase. I ask to speak with a best buy manager and they refuse to let me. I tell them I want a full refund they deny one as the transaction’s gone through.

Finally I tell best buy I want to make a complaint, they tell me they’ve documented one and I’ll receive an e-mail in 48 hours telling me whether their going to right the issue. No e-mail returned. WHAT A ****** JOKE this company is. So just to tally it up, my brother lost 50 dollars. I never got a gift. Im out 100 dollars, and the original blue ray player I wanted sold out due to their delays so I had to pick another one. Bull****. DONT BUY FROM BEST BUY, thier crooks.

I ordered the Samsung-46″ and chose the delivery date. The phone rep indicated the item was in stock and available and I got confirmation that it would be delivered by Christmas. I waited until 6pm Christmas Eve and contacted best buy only to find the TV was out of stock and unavailable for delivery! I called Best Buy customer service back and they claimed more excuses and problems with their system and then offered me a $50 gift card! This was not my first problem with best buy, but this will be the last. Over the last 5 years I have spent thousands on the newest toys, at one time putting myself into serious debt, so thank you Best Buy this will be the last time I shop here. Best Buy absolutely ruined my Christmas and flat out lied to me about products being in stock just to get my money.

I’m glad I finally found somebody to share this complaint with about best buy. I took my laptop in to get repaired last month to the geek squad and they still haven’t gotten it back to me! Every time I call or email the best buy customer service line I get more excuses and more delays. I’m tired of the problems and sick of complaints about this. Take your computer to a local shop where you will get a REAL person, not best buy where they don’t care about your business. The only reason these large companies care is because complaints affect the stock price, best buy is just the same! Geek squad shouldn’t be advertised as good guys…

DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, TAKE YOUR ELECTRONICS TO THE GEEK SQUAD! They haven’t the foggiest notion of what your problems are, much less how to fix them. When my $1200 HP suddenly died, I rushed it into the Geek Squad. A week later I was told that, basically, my machine was dead, that it had so many problems it simply could not be repaired. That sounded fishy to me, so I took it to someone who knows a bit more about computers than I do. The GEEKS could not tell me that it was simply a matter of replacing the hard drive in my computer. When I returned complain, no one there could respond!

Horrid store, horrible experience! Oh man, where to begin?  Do you know how many times I’ve stood on line at customer service and watched people wait (as I did the first time) to pick up an item, only to be directed to another line somewhere else? Put up a sign!!! And why isn’t there a sign explaining that if you are returning or exchanging defective opened electronic merchandise, you must actually wait in the Geek Squad line (not the regular customer service line) so they can look at it there before they’ll agree (or not) to a return/exchange? Put up a sign!!! How much do I despise this store, and especially its King of Jerks Geek Squad employee? If my life depended on it, I still would never go back there again. Not for any great deal or bargain or location convenience. Not. For. Anything. Ever. P.S. Put up a sign!!!

I bought a GPS system at best buy but didn’t like it. So after 3 days I returned it in the original box with all the items in the box, with paper work and cords all wrapped in the plastic, including the receipt. The lady at the best buy refund desk said, there is a 15% restock fee for items returned, but nobody at best buy told me that! I asked how much would that be, and she said it will be $45 for you. I said, all you’re going to do is walk over and place it back on the shelf then charge me $45 of my money for restocking? She said that’s the best buy store return policy. I couldn’t believe it!!!

Have feedback for Best Buy?