Family Dollar Complaints Continued... (Page 7)

607+ reviews added so far. Upset? Call Family Dollar corporate: 704-847-6961

I started working for family dollar in Kansas city, mo. (homestore 1415) doing macro food resets. I passed my urinalysis , worked every day, on time, pretty much assured to be placed, and on the last day of the job was told some story about an incident I had created at store 1415, I hadn’t been in the store since floating to different stores. Come to find out the management didn’t want to place me because of my background check. 15 years ago I had a felony stealing charge, and 2 years ago a possession charge upon completion would have been dismissed. They could have been straight with me. I was so excited to start a new job, possibly career, .Family dollar lost one of the hardest workers ,dependable, and honest. I deserved this job, Atleast deserved to be told what was really going on. I would really like a chance at this job.

I was in the Slayton Family Dollar Store on December 8, 2013. I wrote a check for $13.20, to cover my purchase. The information on my check would not scan, so I offered them my credit card, which worked (the clerks were having problems with other customers and their scanner, so there were many people in the check-out line). The handed my check back to me, which I voided, and left the store. When I received my bank statement for December 2013, I had a charge of $54.57 from Family Dollar dated December 10, 2013, with the check number of the check that I had voided! I do not work in Slayton and was not in Slayton on that day.

I had my credit union send the charge back as “unauthorized”. Yesterday, I received a letter from TRS Revocery Services, Inc. (a debt collection company), demanding that I pay them the $54.57, plus a $30 return check fee! I called the Family Dollar store this morning in Slayton and talked to the manager, Amanda Grogan, and she advised me to call the number on the debt collection number. This is not acceptable! Please advise as to what you can do to correct this problem. I can provide copies of my credit card invoice and bank statements upon request.

On September 17th around 4:00 PM I went into the local Family Dollar at Osceola AR. My purchase seeking was for some fall decorations at which I found. Why I was looking I found some summer lawn decor priced at 75% off. So I tryed to purchase several items. When I got to the cash register the discount was not honored because the check out person and manager did not know how to do the discount and did not care. They said they were to busy to figure it out. No worries will not be back as the rude6ness is much to much.

I live near this family dollar and I go to this one most often and every time I go its this same rude employee walking around with her cell phone to her head not greeting customers and when checking customers out still on her personal cell phone while conducting a transaction. I never see anyone wearing name tags I happen to go in and ask a manager what was the complaint line number and gave her a description of the person. I had complaints about and got the name Bonita. It upsets me that employees are walking around on personal phones and not being able to answer questions one may have or being in a check out line hearing all your employees personal buissness because shes on her personal phone while checking customers out.

I stop there after work at about 7 pm all the time. There is always workers in the store listening to their radios or talking on the phone or texting, when they are clearly supposed to be zoning or putting merchandise on the shelves. This particular store is a mess all the time.

I can barely get down the path. Sometimes they even block that whole area, so that the customer doesn’t bother THEM while they are texting. Now, this is the first time I’ve made an official complaint, because what happened this evening has made me angry enough to do so.

I go to the register and ring the bell, and I could hear her complaining that a customer was there and that she couldn’t get any work done. Then she comes around the corner, eventually, and is steadily talking on her phone in spanish. She continues talking non stop to the phone and never says a word to me. She didn’t tell me the total, look at me, or tell me anything …..

I interrupted her by asking her name, and her managers name,so that I could do something about this. The address is 1403 Gentry, Tyler, TX.

i have gone to shop at the family dollar on northwest hwy 6313 for as long as it has been opened i enjoy it but lately there is a new cashier there by the name jennifer on her name tag this cashier can barely keep her eyes opened and she acts like she is on some kind of drug she should be a very big concern working with the public and money i feel uncomftorable with her checking me out someone needs to check into this concern and maybe do a drug test to find out if this employee should be working for your company just a concerned customer thank you

This family dollar store is always messy, even after a renovation boxes on floors, last time there was detergent drips on floors, no one took care of them I told the manager and she pretend that didn’t hear. I went three hours later the mess was still on floors. Other complain the prices on deals are not always truth, fake deals. I went to family dollar last week, and asked to use the restroom. It’s always out order and the cashier told me that, “no one going to use the restrooms.”  Sorry i get very involved but I like the products and prices on this family dollar store and it’s the closest on my neighborhood. I get very upset because still the same people are working on that store, and they don’t care about us as customers.

Have feedback for Family Dollar?